Do you know how to help a child that is teething? Has your child begun to teethe? If so, it is critical to help them deal with the sometimes-painful condition. Teething is completely natural in all children, as it is merely the process of teeth breaking the skin of their gums. However, it can often cause discomfort and pain for the child, so various treatment approaches should be used. Take note of the following teething tips for toddlers:
– Teething can often be spotted in the mannerisms of a child, including extra fussiness and irritability, a loss of appetite, or even excessive drooling.
– Never use your finger as a soothing technique on their gums unless it has been cleaned first.
– Avoid teething tablets for children under two without the approval and supervision of their pediatrician.
– Various tools and treatment tactics can be given to help a teething child, including teething rings, soft music, gauze pads, or even cold spoons gently rubbed against their gum line.
– If teething results in diarrhea, rashes, or fevers, consult their pediatrician as soon as possible.
If you would like to have your teeth inspected by our team at Adam Vitelli Comprehensive Dentistry, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Adam Vitelli and our team at our pediatric office in Germantown, Maryland. To schedule a visit, please call us at 301-972-1400. We look forward to seeing you soon!